The first is a summary statement (more for adults than children) that defines our hopes and aspirations for our children. As a Church school, our aims are built on a foundation of Christian Gospel teaching. The individual attributes and qualities we want to nurture are inclusive of all – whatever faith, belief or ability.
This is our Vision Statement:
Our aim is to nurture children with the confidence and self-belief to achieve their best;
to have the courage to think for themselves;
to be resilient in their learning and ambitious in their hopes and dreams;
to live in harmony, respecting others;
to search and question throughout life’s journey;
to find personal faith;
and to learn about the Gospel of hope and love found in Jesus Christ.
The second is a set of key attributes that we, as a whole school family, want to both nurture and demonstrate:
The third is a Bible passage quote to inspire children with the resolve to achieve these attributes:
“Stand firm… be courageous” 1 Corinthians 16:13
Our Children’s Personal Mission Statement:
Most importantly, we have given children their own Mission Statement – in ‘child speak’, so that they understand what our aims are for them:
- I am a member of St Gabriel’s family.
- I want to be the best that I can be.
- I’m learning lots about myself and my own abilities: things I’m good at and the things I find hard.
- I’m learning the confidence to always have a go, to always try my best.
- I’m learning to believe in myself.
- I’m learning to find the courage to be me and to stand up for what I believe.
- I’m learning resilience to keep on trying, even when it’s tough.
- I’m learning to think for myself, to ask questions and find answers.
- I’m learning about having ambition for big dreams!
- I’m learning to live in harmony: to be happy in myself, to be a good friend, to treat others in the way I want to be treated.
- I’m learning about faith and the Christian message of hope and love in Jesus Christ.